Microsoft Edge is a well-known web browser that comes pre-installed with the Windows operating system. It includes a built-in search engine powered by Bing to improve the surfing experience for consumers. Some users, however, may choose to use other search engines, or they may believe the Bing button in the Microsoft Edge toolbar is unnecessary. In this article, we’ll look at how to remove the Bing button from Microsoft Edge.
The Bing Chat button in Microsoft’s Edge browser acts as an AI assistant, utilizing machine learning to provide users with useful insights and responses depending on the information they’re seeing. This feature gives users access to a variety of AI-powered tools without ever leaving their browsing experience. The Bing Chat icon located in the Edge sidebar provides a handy and non-intrusive method to use AI while exploring the web. Whether you’re searching for specific information or want a fast summary of the stuff you’re viewing, the Bing Talk button has the potential to alter the way we use the internet. Bing AI, with its sophisticated capabilities, is positioned to play a growing role in the future of browsing.
Let me make it clear that I appreciate the Bing Chat button in the Edge browser, but if you wish to remove it, I can guide you through the process.
Remove Bing Icon from Edge: Step-by-Step Guide
To remove the Bing button from Microsoft Edge, start by closing the Edge browser and ensuring all Edge processes have ended. You can confirm this by opening the “Task Manager”, searching for ‘Edge’, and then right-clicking and selecting ‘End Task’.
Next, follow these simple steps:
- Click the Windows button and search for “Registry Editor”, then open it.
- Navigate to, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> Policies >> Microsoft
- Right-click on the Microsoft folder and select “New” and then “Key”.
- Name the new key folder “Edge”.
- Right-click on the empty area section on the right side, select “New”, and then click “Dword (32-bit) value”.
- Name this value “HubsSidebarEnabled”.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Open the Microsoft Edge web browser and enter “edge://policy” into the navigation bar.
- Click the “Reload Policy” button in the upper left corner.
By following these steps, you can easily remove the Bing button from your Edge browser. Enjoy browsing without the Bing Chat button!
If you’re not comfortable following the written steps to remove the Bing button from Microsoft Edge, you can also watch a video tutorial to guide you through the process.
In conclusion, removing the Bing button from Microsoft Edge can be a quick and easy process by following the steps outlined above. If you encounter any issues during the process of removing the Bing button from Edge, feel free to drop a comment below and I’ll be happy to assist you.